Subluxation is a term that is commonly used to describe signs and symptoms of the spinal column. A subluxation complex is a dysfunctional biomechanical spinal segment which is fixated. This dysfunction actively alters neurological function, which in turn, is believed to lead to neuromusculoskeletal and visceral disorders.
When one or more vertebrae lose their normal position, they interfere with the nerves they were meant to protect. This interference can cause pressure or irritation on the spinal cord and/or on the nerve roots as they pass out of the spinal column.
This misalignment of the vertebrae and pinching of the nerves is called a subluxation and is the most common aspect of what doctors call the vertebral subluxation complex.
Symptoms of Subluxation
- Neck Pain
- Pain at the base of the skull
- Pain or numbness of the face
- Stiffness or loss of normal movement of the neck
- Shoulder, arm and hand problems including pain, numbness and loss of strength and nerve related problems involving eyes ears, nose and throat.
- Tension between the shoulders
- Mid-back pain
- Pain wrapping around rib cage
- Problems affecting the heart, lungs, stomach, gall bladder, and other digestive organs.
- Low back pain, pain in the legs, disc problems, hip pain, groin pain, lower abdominal pain, bladder and bowel problems, many different reproductive problems, and circulation problems in the lower body.
- Pain at the base of the spine, bladder and bowel problems, hip pain, and sacroiliac pain.
We specialize in the chiropractic treatment of Subluxation.